Saturday 7 April 2018

A much warmer overcast night.

The forecast gave me hope that both a dry night and a warmer night would be in prospect. Dry and warm? Has spring finally arrived I wonder? I placed the trap in it's usual place and felt confident that activity would be noticed.

Weather Light Wind Cloudy Temp 10.3C - 5.1C

On turning off in the morning at 07:45 I was excited to note moths!






The Early Grey. A real gem of a small moth and due to us being new (second season) to mothing it's a first for the garden.




I was taken with this moth as looking at it close up it's quite "rough" or "textured" looking if that makes sense.



I placed it in the fridge for a little while whilst I set the photograph booth up. It helps keep the moth settled and lessens the chance of escape indoors.




Also noted 5 Common Quaker and Two Hebrew Character. Great stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To Comment